Sunday 21 July 2013

Just amazing, you didn't hear what I said!


Really, I don't know about you but, 'a talkative' actually doesn't like repeating himself or herself. Why? I'm thinking it may be because they have so many other things to talk about and can't afford to waste time going on and on about just one thing. Sometimes I think they actually feel they might run out of time before they are through with what they wanted to say. And so just listening to Amanda and Reginald going through that moment again, got me wondering. 

Well, considering the fact that it wasn't the first time she had been so 
enthusiastic about something without getting the same reaction from him, one would have thought that, she had learnt her lessons; right? Well, wrong! Talkatives like Amanda just need that listening ear and so though they might end up feeling hurt or ignored, they still might go ahead to share a thought or two any chance they get. Okay, let's make that a dozen thoughts, any second they get.

So back to the question. Why does it become so annoying to repeat themselves? Maybe you may know a thing or two about that. I'm just wondering, is it that it takes so much energy talking and thinking through those thoughts, or maybe not thinking through them at all, until they have  finally blurted them out? What is it, that makes them get impatient repeating themselves? I just can't put my finger on it. Hmm. Okay, let's hear from you, I bet you do.

Why does Amanda get absolutely ballistic when time and again, Reginald would interrupt her train of thoughts with another, "so what was it you just spoke about?", I mean he would say it so casually it just makes her jaw drop. That very moment, you could see her face just twist and contort, I mean she could break down and cry right there, if not for the crowd at the restaurant. Then she would start explaining how she had to cancel her appointments for the rest of the day, just to meet him for this discussion over lunch, and he made it seemed like a total waste of her time! Well, I'm thinking, Amanda get over yourself! I mean this was more of a Déjà-vu.






PATRICIA DZIFA MENSAH-LARKAI, DTM
FOUNDER, LEAD CONSULTANT - PERISSOS HORIZON
Instagram: @Perissos.Horizon 
Twitter Handles:

No comments: